How to book?
To book one of our accommodations just have a look our offer. Add the
name of destination, the number of accommodation, date of arrival and
departure and the number of persons. Finalize your booking and you will
receive answer via email. You are responsible to pay deposit - 30% of the
total booking value for individual guests except for luxury villas and hotels
(max. 50%). Rest of total booking value you pay upon arrival (except for
some hotels and luxury villas). It's as simple as that!
We do plan arrangements with other travel agents and independent
suppliers with special conditions.
How do I make changes or cancel my reservation?
Any changes to a reservation must be done through the Customer Service
and Bookings It is very unlikely that we will have to make any changes to
reservation. If it is the case that changes need to be made, or we need to
cancel your reservation, we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of
these changes are minor, and we do not pay compensation for minor
If a significant change to your holiday occurs or becomes necessary, we
will inform you as soon as possible if there is time before departure. When
a significant change occurs or we have to cancel your reservation, you will
have the choice of:
- - accepting the change of reservation
- - taking our offered substitute package of equivalent or superior quality if
we are able to provide one
- - taking our offered substitute package of lower quality if we are able to
provide one and accept a refund form us of the difference in price of the
package purchased and the substitute one offered
- - canceling your holiday with a full refund of all monies paid
- If you cancel your booking inside two months of departure we don't return
the deposit except in the case of force major. In this case
DalmatiaVacation shall keep 20% of a total deposit amount + transaction
- If a customer cancel before two months (more than 60 days before arrival)
we don't return the deposit unless the customer can deliver a certificate
proving an impossibility such as illness or death of a relative (till the second
degree) and depending on the goodwill of the concerned third party.
- If a customer cancels the tour or shortens the travel due to bad weather
conditions, he must pay the total amount indicated on the voucher and
subsequent complaints shall not be acknowledged.
- The consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due
care had been exercised such as war, state of war, riot, fire, civil strife,
industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse
weather conditions or other conditions amounting to force major. In these
circumstances we will also not pay any resulting expenses or additional
If you have any special requests that do not form part of standard
accommodation services as described in this website please let us know
at the time of booking.
DalmatiaVacation Travel Agency, registered in Croatia.
Trade Center Sv. Nikola - A. Starcevica 32, 21300 Makarska - Croatia
Fax +385 (0)21 67 83 65
Cell Phone +385 (0)91 34 00 427
Fax +385 (0)21 67 83 65
- Makarska Riviera on the mainland coast, between Split and Dubrovnik, is home to some of the country’s loveliest stretches of beach.
Running from Brela in the north to Gradac in the south, the Riviera is about 60 kilometres long and centres on
Makarska. Town is built around a deep sheltered bay, and backed by the rocky heights of Mount Biokovo (1762m), which acts as a buffer from the harsher
inland climate. Biokovo’s sea-facing slopes are criss-crossed by well-marked trails, so besides swimming in the deep turquoise Adriatic.
- It’s an active place – there’s an abundance of hiking, climbing, paragliding, mountain biking, windsurfing and swimming opportunities
– with a spectacular natural setting, backed by the gorgeous mountain Biokovo. With mountain, sea and rivers, the
Makarska area is an unbeatable playground for adventure sports. Cycling is probably the no. 1 sport on land here thanks to the great scenery and challenging
terrain. Pick a tour through the old hillside villages - details in the nearest tourist board office. You can sail (or learn to), or surf,
or windsurf. You can ride a jet ski, or launch yourself in the air behind one on a paraglider. Whichever you chose, we assure you the
experience will be unforgettable. It’s the locus of Croatia’s package tourism, focused on the town’s long pebbly beach, which is filled with
a feast of activities, from beach volleyball to screaming-children’s games.
- Through summer Makarska’s main square is filled with open-air restaurants and cafés, while behind the church, in the shade, the daily
open-air market sells fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables. Along the harbour, overlooked by a string of cafés and pizzeria. Apart from
the sea and the sun, here you can enjoy healthy and appetising Mediterranean food such as fish and seafood, chars, tomatoes and olive oil.
A number of traditional konobe (taverns) are now open offering great hospitality and authentic Dalmatian cuisine.
- The main draw here is the wonderful beaches, some of which are several kilometres long, backed by fragrant pine woods overlooking the glistening
turquoise sea. Makarska’s town beach is a long curving stretch of pebble smoothed by the sea into rounded shapes which are comfortable
to lie and walk on, behind which runs a shady palm-lined promenade with several big hotels interspersed by cafés, restaurants and ice cream parlours.
The white beaches fringed by thick pine forests and the refreshing crystal clear waters are among the main attractions of the
- The Makarska Riviera is famous for its beautiful beaches. The beaches are usually shingle or pebble smoothed by the sea into rounded
shapes which are comfortable to lie and walk on. The white beaches fringed by thick pine forests and the refreshing crystal clear waters
are among the main attractions of the Makarska Riviera.
- Without Biokovo mountain, great grey mauntainrising steeply from the coast, the experience of being on the
Makarska shoreline would be much less of a thrill. Biokovo is not a single mountain but a rang of mountains that stretches from just above Brela almost to Igrane
in the south, about 25km, about half of the Makarska Riviera.
- It’s also popular with seniors as a ‘medical tourism’ destination, for the great climate and facilities.
Makarska has more than 2750 hours of sun each year and the air temperature above 20°C from July to September. During these same months, the crystal-clear sea also
averages a temperature of above 20°C.
- If you’re interested in hanging around beach bars and clubs, playing beach volleyball and generally lounging about with beach bodies,
you’ll like Makarska. Outside the high season, things are pretty quiet.