Podgora Apartments (4+1), Penthouse (8)
Property type: Apartments, Penthouse
First and Second floor
- Two bedrooms, kitchen, living room with sofa for one person, bathroom, balcony. Sea view
10 July - 21 August 104,5€
1 - 9 July / 22 - 31 August 93,2€
June - September 69,9€
Other months by request
Apartment (8) Penthouse:
- Four bedrooms, kitchen, living room with sofa for one person, two bathrooms + Jacuzzi, balcony. Sea view
1 July - 26 August 186,4€
10 - 30 June / 27 August - 30 September 163,1€
June - September 116,5€
Other months by request
- Tax Included in Price
- Best Buy Low Price Guarantee
- The house is situated in the typical small Dalmatian street of Podgora
- In all apartments: air conditioning, Sat TV, radio
- Full equipped kitchens (coffee maker, toaster, stove etc.)
- Free Wi-Fi Internet
- To the sea: 30m. Walking distance to the beach 2 minutes
- Restaurants and bars are very near the house
- Parking place near the house included in the price
- The dock in the port (not included in the price)
- The owners don't live in the house
Book Now »
- Clustered at the foot of a green slope backed by dramatic peaks, it's not hard to see how
Podgora got its name,
which means under the mountain. With a long history as a fishing village and a tourist tradition dating back to
the 1920s, Podgora is a sleepy place of 1,500 souls which swells more than fivefold in the summer - it's second only
to Makarska when it comes to tourist numbers. It's not hard to see why: the combination of white shingle, green
pine and rocky grey mountain are a tourist's holy trinity.
- This is a laid-back resort enlivened by almost nightly performances from mid-June to the end of August: classical
music, heart-stirring Dalmatian klapa groups, rock and folk dance performances bring drama and culture to warm
evenings. As elsewhere, Podgora's inhabitants for centuries relied on the hinterland for protection and sustenance.
The attractive old inland settlement of Gornja Podgora is worth looking round and serves as an entrance point to
the Biokovo Nature Park.
- Makarska Riviera on the mainland coast, between Split and Dubrovnik, is home to some of the country’s loveliest stretches of beach.
Running from Brela in the north to Gradac in the south, the Riviera is about 60 kilometres long and centres on Makarska. Town
is built around a deep sheltered bay, and backed by the rocky heights of Mount Biokovo (1762m), which acts as a buffer from the harsher
inland climate. Biokovo’s sea-facing slopes are criss-crossed by well-marked trails, so besides swimming in the deep turquoise Adriatic.
- Without Biokovo mountain, great grey mauntainrising steeply from the coast. Biokovo is not a single mountain but a rang of mountains
that stretches from just above Brela almost to Igrane in the south, about 25km, about half of the Makarska Riviera.
- It’s also popular destination for the great climate and facilities.
Podgora has more than 2750 hours
of sun each year and the air temperature above 20°C from July to September. During these same months, the crystal-clear sea also averages
a temperature of above 20°C.
- If you’re interested in hanging around beach bars and generally lounging about with beach bodies,
you’ll like Podgora. Outside the high season, things are pretty quiet.